Wahali Dikari Yojana
Wahali Dikari Yojana, a new initiative of Gujarat Government has been launched as part of Betty Bachao Betty Padhao Abhiyan. Launch of this scheme The Wahali Dikari Yojana has been launched by the Government of Gujarat to increase the birth rate of daughters, to promote girls’ education and to reduce the drop-out rate in schools to strengthen the socio-economic status of daughters. So let us know what documents are required to avail the benefits of this scheme, who will get the benefit of this scheme etc.
Wahali Dikari Yojana
Amount eligible to be met
Under this scheme the daughter will get Rs. 1,10,000 (one lakh ten thousand) which will be given in 3 (three) weeks in total. 6000 (six) thousand will be given when the daughter enters the ninth standard and the third week when the daughter turns eighteen will be given for marriage or higher education which will be 1,00,000 (one lakh).
Why the scheme was launched
- To increase the birth rate of daughters
- To reduce the dropout rate in the education of daughters
- To empower daughters and women
- To prevent child marriage of daughters
Read in Gujarati
Who will get the benefit of this scheme?
- Daughters born on or after 2 August 2019 are eligible for benefits
- A maximum of two daughters will benefit from the scheme. The third daughter will not get the benefit of this scheme as you will be required to provide a certificate of birth control after the birth of the second daughter.
- The age of the mother at the time of birth of the daughter should be 18 years or more. If the age of the mother is less than 18 years, the daughter cannot avail the benefit of the scheme.
- The couple’s total annual income should not exceed 2,00,000 (two lakhs)
How to get the benefit of the scheme
- You can get the application form of the scheme from the Gram Panchayat office, Anganwadi center or CDPO (Child Development Project Officer) or the office of Women and Child Development Officer.
- Your application will be approved or rejected only by the Women and Child Development Officer.
- You must apply within a maximum of 18 months after the birth of your daughter.
- You can also submit your application form at Jan Seva Kendra or Seva Setu
- Within 45 days of your application you will be notified whether your application has been approved or rejected
- You can also apply online and offline
Click here to view the resolution for online application
Necessary supporting evidence
- Daughter’s birth certificate
- Mother’s birth certificate
- Parent’s Aadhaar card
- Certificate of income
- Birth certificate of surviving children born in your family
- Certificate of Procreation Regulation if second daughter
Resolution and application form